- 1 bundle fresh green asparagus
- 1 pack thin bacon, smoked or not smoked, up to you!
- Fresh parmesan
- 1,5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Black pepper to taste
- Set your oven to 200 °C / 450 °F
- Trim your asparagus by chopping off the bottom, and peeling off some of the rends with a potato peeler
- Wrap 3-4 asparagus in a strip of bacon, rinse and repeat until all asparagus are wrapped
- Put the asparagus bundles in an ovenproof dish
- Mix the olive oil with garlic powder and a pinch of black pepper, and drizzle it over the asparagus bundles
- Put it in the middle of the oven, for about 15 minutes
- Serve with lots of fresh parmesan, a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil or a good balsamic vinegar
Asparagus are always a delicious side dish to steak, and if you are having a barbeque, these asparagus will impress everyone!